Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to storing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server run by a website hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a look at these. In this way, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you wish to build a web portal, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given hosts, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would apportion the workload between independent groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a big number of pics with mates or associates since the service is mostly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your emails. Some corporations offer website hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you want to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to own as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to possess a website. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Next Wave hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for particular content only.